balticpearl movie choice
It was not easy to choose from Balticpearl movie list, I wanted to see twice as much, but because of time and money issues I’ll stick to these :
1. ‘A Single Man‘, wanted to see it the moment it was released, because of Tom Ford as a director and marvelous choice of actors like Colin Firth, Julianne Moore…
2. ‘New York, I Love You‘, because I am finally going to NY (at least bought a plane ticket already) in November, but I won’t hide that in my ‘reasons why to go to NY list’ ‘Sex and the City’ and ‘Gossip Girl‘ were among top positions.
3. ‘Moscow, I love you!‘, Moscow is still a big mystery for me.
4. ‘Ça commence par la fin‘ (can’t find the exact english translation, but I would translate ‘It started from end’), Emmanuelle Beart is so beautiful and this film was excluded from Cannes Film festival this year for being too shocking an provocative!
5. ‘Coco Chanel &Igor Stravinsky‘, I was not too happy about ‘Coco before Chanel‘ last year, but I feel I have to give to Coco the second chance. I think I’ll like this one better as well because of Stravinsky, The Rite of Spring is marvelous.
6. ‘Little Ashes‘, two reasons to see this one – because of Robert Pattison as Salvador Dali and that I’ve been fascinated by love between men since I saw ‘Brokeback Mountain‘. Good that Heath Ledger managed to do that one.
7. ‘Certified Copy‘ – Juliette Binoche received an award for best female role in Cannes this year. Have to see that!
8. ‘An Education‘ – it’s retro, it’s british and 18 prizes, 45 nominations.
And not more than 2 movies a day 🙂